American Red Cross is currently seeking volunteers for their Home Fire Preparedness Campaign. This campaign is part of a 5-year effort to reduce the number of fire deaths and injuries in the United States by 25%.
- As part of home visit team, visit homes at-risk for home fires and help ensure that the number of smoke alarms and batteries installed and other services provided are recorded and reported within program parameters
- Ensure that the resident client completes and signs required documents (acknowledgment, releases, etc.) and transfers completed documents to the event neighborhood captain or designee
- Hold ladder or step stool safely for the installer, as needed
- Follow all guidelines, training, safety and documentation requirements for this task
- Provide reporting and evaluation feedback for continuous improvement purpose
- 5-10 hours per weekend, once a quarter (every three months) on average
For more information visit the American Red Cross agency page at: American Red Cross